Anyone who personally knows me or have met me, definitely knows about my signature feature; and I am not talking about my Yellow shoes here, I am talking about my smile! Sometimes I cannot control it, but it comes with a lot of advantages. I am not talking just about the health benefits like lowering your blood pressure, or making you look younger, or any of the other numerous personal gains of smiling, but the effect it has on other people. I have noticed that most that I share a smile with always smile back. A smile can make someones day shine a little brighter! And who knows, maybe that is the only act of Kindness they will receive that day. Have you ever had a really bad awful day(I’m assuming yes) and some random person gives you a smile and reminds you that life is more than your daily circumstances? And the moment you laugh and think, “Maybe I should take ‘life’ too seriously’ makes you feel amazing. Lord knows, I’v seen another ‘world’. One where I didn’t know where nor when, my next meal was coming from. But growing up. . . if you saw the sun rise, it was an amazing day!
a listening ear, and honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring,
all of which have the potential to turn a life around.”
– Leo F. Buscaglia
Now for the next week, I am giving you a smile challenge!
- Smile at a stranger
- Smile at Homeless People and Street people
- Smile at Work
- Give a Small Compliment with Your Smile
Tips to Bring more smiles into your life!
- Start a smiling Journal!-I’d encourage you for two or three weeks, you record the moments that brought you a wonderful smile. This way, when you ever feel down, just flip the book and re-enjoy those moments and you’ll see your attitude shift at a 180 degrees! Lately, I have been stressed out with my fundraising efforts to embark on GCY, from the pressures of those helping me reach my goal, and also my shady future. But the journal helps me change my emotions!
- Be grateful- Just like the American thanksgiving, identify the things that you are grateful for and focus on them as much as possible!
- Humor- Watch comedy movies, stand-ups or witty T.V shows!
- Hang pictures, quotes, and surround yourself with things & people that truly bring you joy.
What makes you smile? Who made you smile today? Share your joy, happiness and thoughts in a comment! *smiles*